DOCTRINAL POSITION AND PRACTICE
At Link Youth Mentorship, our mentors come from churches of all Christian denominations across the Rochester community. We do not focus on our differences, but work together in peace and harmony celebrating our common belief in Jesus Christ. We are dedicated to serving and raising up the young men of Rochester in keeping with the values and principles taught by God, and to share the gift of salvation that God has given us through his Son.
We, participants with and affiliates of Link Youth Mentorship, agree to lay aside doctrinal distinctives. This ministry is not a place to raise these issues. Rather, it is a place to serve together under a common banner. This common banner is expressed in the following statement of faith:
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.